A higher calling. A higher purpose.
We first opened our doors at the Village of St. Edward in 1964 with the full understanding that we are serving a higher purpose – God’s purpose. Faith is at the heart of our mission, and that’s why we offer a range of both Catholic and non-denominational spiritual support. Our shared faith guides us in all that we do:
- Provide a higher level of care, respect, and empathy
- As a non-profit, we put people ahead of profits
- We never ask a resident to leave even if they outlast their funds
Guided by Christ’s teachings.
We believe that, in God’s eyes, we are all equal. We promise to treat every resident as Jesus would — with kindness, humility, and empathy. An important aspect of our vocation is to ensure we meet the spiritual needs of every single person in our care.
A place to believe together.
The Village of St. Edward is more than a place to live together; it is a place to pray together. To reflect together. To celebrate God’s word together. Guided by our Dominican Sisters and resident Chaplin we offer a full complement of spiritual services for our Catholic and non-Catholic residents.
Services vary by location.
- Regular in person and rebroadcast Mass
- Special services during Advent and Lent
- Regular anointing of the sick and Sacrament of Penance
- Special end of life care for residents and their families
- Rosary, reflection services, and non-denominational prayer groups
- Bible studies
- Regular worship services provided by area ministers